Listen to your Whispering Curls
Around 30% of women have curly hair. Wondering how to manage this curly unmanageable hair? Worry no more. Find few tips and styles to make impossible possible.
How to maintain your curls
Here are a few tips to make your day trouble free of curls.
- 1) Never wring, tug or brush your hair when its still wet. After shampooing use an absorbent towel (avoid terry cloth use micro fiber) to get rid of the extra moisture from your hair.
- 2) Use Satin pillows to sleep.
- 3) Never use a brush.
- 4) Curly hair lacks moisture. Apply light products often than heavy product at a shot.
- 5) Trim your curls regularly. Interested in long mane, snip the ends to avoid hair breakage.
- 6) Always have some anti-frizz serum that you can apply to your hair when it’s dry. A party after school! No time to shower, never mind, use a quarter amount of the serum in your curls and crumple them till the desired effect.
- 7) Avoid ironing your curls. Its a never ending process which leads to more frizz.If you still insist on ironing follow these simple rules:
- a) Never straighten chemically lightened (bleached) hair or hair that has been colored more than 3 levels, since it will melt.
- b) Go for a good ceramic flat iron! You have to pay for quality, spend minimum of $50 on your iron to guarantee quality or else you are sure to damage your hair.
- c) Ensure your flat iron comes with a thermostat. Start on medium and adjust until you are using minimum heat to straighten the hair.
- d) Do not operate iron on unprotected hair. Use a heat-absorbing product like ArTex Cream or, Redken Heat Glide for more coarse hair.
- e) Try to use a heavy treatment, such as Redken Butter Treat or Deep Fuel to minimize breakage.
- f) To minimize heat exposures straighten only the “problem” areas. Use a good ceramic round comb to straighten the rest.
The above tips help you to maintain your curls well behaved and adorable throughout the day, you can use sex hair tools to get more curling styles.
Tend your Frizzy Mane
Naturally curly hair is dry and prone to frizz. You need to take care of it by using a good conditioner, creams, balms, mousses, serums and sprays! You don’t have to leave the comfort of your own home to get salon expertise. Best products can be purchased and used at home and still give you the desired effect. Few of the best products are listed below:
Shampoos and Conditioner: Pure Curls Clarifying Shampoo, Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea conditioner, Coconut Sublime Conditioner, CurlFriends.Gels: CurlFriends, PhytoPro – Sculpting Gel, PhytoPro – Soft Holding Gel New Formula or Quenched Curls Moisturizer.
Frizz Ease Mousse: Curls Milkshake, Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Goddess Glaze, Whipped Cream Ashanti’s Favorite Strong Hold John Frieda Corrective Styling Mousse Curl Reviver w/ Sunscreen, Curls Soufflé or Rene Furterer – Anti-Dehydrating Structuring Mousse.
Texture Spray: CurlFriends, Redken Ringlet, ArTex Sleek, Matrix or Water Free Lockout Spray.
Smoothing Products: Redken Glass (for coarse hair only), Matrix Glow Trix, or TiGi SpoilMe.
Combs: Try to use wide toothed combs or good ceramic round comb for best results.